New single by The New Spring
Today we've revealed new music from one of our very first signings, The New Spring. We're proud to once again be the label behind the marvellous folk music by Bastian Kallesøe - and hey, this is actually the first time in our young label we're releasing an artist's third record! That's a pretty mature thing to do!
We wanna give a huge thanks to the media out there that has been so kind to offer their platforms to us for local premieres. Pay them a visit peeps: Soundvenue (DK), Kultmucke (DE), GimmeIndie (SE), theAUreview (AU) and Hissig (NO).
Now to the new track by The New Spring; the title is "The Hours of the Day" and it's the first single of The New Spring's 3rd album Late Bloomer (Sep 15, 2014). It's a song that thematically begins in childhood and from there evolves around the idea of including whole lifetime in one song - and from the first time we heard it we felt it was the song to introduce Bastian's new album with. And a little tip for an important thing to listen for: THE TUBA! Never thought that instrument could sound so elegant as in the new music of The New Spring.
There's also some new shows announced over the summer and around the album release:
- Jun 27, 2014 - Ofelia Beach - Copenhagen, DK - Info: http://kglteater.dk/det-sker/ofelia-live
- Jul 5, 2014 - Altona Rathaus - Hamburg, DE - Info: http://copenhagencalling.de/
- Sep 25, 2014 - Jazzhouse - Copenhagen, DK – Tickets: http://www.billetlugen.dk/musik/34681/the-new-spring/
- Sep 26, 2014 - Huset i Hasserisgade - Aalborg, DK – Tickets: http://huset.dk/program/
- Sep 27, 2014 - Atlas - Aarhus, DK – Tickets: http://fondenvoxhall.dk/